Isn't it Time For a Reset?
I have been asked by several patients in our office "How hard is the Standard Process 21 Day Purification Program and what should I expect?" "What do I have to give up?" "Am I going to be running the the bathroom all day?"
I have personally done this cleanse countless times in the past 10 years and I can tell you this is completely gentle on the body. You are NOT going to be running to the bathroom 3 times a day! The whole food supplement regimen is laid out for us in a way to gently cleanse the liver, kidneys and digestive system with a phase one and phase two detoxification. This program has the science behind it. It is NOT a quick weight loss program. But more of a jump start into a healthier lifestyle. A time to go within and cleanse our bodies of the toxins we have accumulated, and we ALL have these. From our environment, the foods we eat, the beverages we consume but more recently, from the sanitizing we are doing and breathing in the chemicals from. Ahhhhh...so many toxins. Our liver and kidneys just cannot keep up anymore.
I look at the Standard Process 21 Day Purification Program as giving us the opportunity to reset our eating habits. To cleanse the toxins that have become a burden on our systems and give our organs a much needed "rest!" This 21 days is a time to reflect on our habits, what we want to change going forward and what is just no longer working. A time to truly go within and take a look at what needs to change going forward.
"What do I have to give up?" A fair question. This program asks us to eliminate sugar, gluten, dairy, caffeine, and alcohol completely for 21 days. If you are an avid coffee drinker, like me, it is advised to cut back on your consumption beginning a week prior to the cleanse. If headaches become an issue (caffeine withdrawal) just have a few sips in the morning but continue cutting back. Wine drinkers? Let’s be honest here. Way too much sugar! It needs to go. It’s only 21 days you can do it! Your body will thank you! 💞. Sugar, grains (quinoa and lentils are allowed) and dairy are all considered inflammatory and not allowed. This is to give your body and organs a rest and to detoxify gently over the 21 days. You will be amazed at how much lighter you feel, clearer thinking, less inflammation, stiffness and congestion in the morning. It is truly amazing.
I would say it is important to plan your 21 days around your calendar. Obviously you wouldn't want to plan this around a birthday party or a vacation. But let's say you have a business meeting that pops up during your cleanse and you are tempted to have a glass of wine, just have 1 glass of red wine and be done. You do not have to quit the program if you have fallen off the wagon. There are still lots of benefits to completing this program. I’ve had individuals quit in the past over one meeting and one slip up. We’re human. Do your best to comply. This is the benefit of working with a group. (We have a private Facebook Group for our 21 Day Purification Program. So there’s lots of support if you need it!
Sometimes in life we become so rigid that we do not complete things because if we cannot do them perfectly we may as well quit or not even start! So we sit and do nothing. Well I have news for those of you who feel this way! None of us are perfect! So let's jump in and do this together!!
Tuesday September 8th 2020 is our start day. Although I will probably start the Sunday before. I like to get a couple days under my belt before returning to work. The first 3 days are the worst and the best. You will have withdrawals if you are a caffeine drinker, but also you will lose lots of water weight so you’ll feel lighter which is always motivating! Feel free to jump in anytime!
To do list for doing the 21 Day Purification Program.
1. Stop in and pick up your free booklet that explains the entire purification program along with recipes. Have a quick consult with Susan to be sure you’re ready for this program. Especially if you are not a current patient! This program is not for everyone so an initial screening if you are new to our office is necessary.
2. Order the kit a week before (prices vary start at $150)
2. Join our Facebook group. 21 Day Purification.
3. Get your before bloodwork done. We can order your blood work in our office. We have contracts with Quest. A complete lipid panel runs about eight dollars. With a $15 blood draw fee. That’s it! I always recommend people get a before and after. Usually the cholesterol levels go down a lot (if yours are high.) and you can add on other bloodwork as well just call me and I can give you pricing for those.
4. Take a before picture! Yes! Although this is NOT a weight loss program people do usually drop some pounds during this program depending on where your weight begins. But also your complexion, your “puffiness” things like this will also change.. So take a before and after picture. You never know, you may want to share your story one day!
We can’t wait to get started! It’s always more fun with a group so ask your friends and family who needs to go through a gentle cleanse this fall. Last time we tried to meet once a week in person to chat. I’m not sure how that will work with our new situation in our world. I will be blogging this experience as well as adding Facebook Lives during the 21 day journey. I may find out a way that we could meet online in a group. That would be nice. The Facebook group we do share recipes and ask any questions and there’s people who have been through it before who are very helpful.
Hope this helps clear up the “mystery” around this program! Would love to have you join this amazing journey with us!
Call the office for more info or to get started!
Susan Hoyle INHC Hoyle Chiropractic & Holistic Solutions
101 Red Tail Dr Suite A (next to MU Healthcare)
Ashland, MO 65010